This is a continuation of my search for the best small companies from the 200 listed in Forbes 2008.
The companies ranked 33-70 has yielded 10 results.
- Nutrisystem (NTRI) – provides weight loss management and fitness programs
- NTRI was part of my recent short term strategy. Sold as it went up to intrinsic value. Can be considered as faddy. No moat.
- Bankrate (RATE) – operates online consumer banking and finance network
- Personally used the site many times and a company with excellent numbers.
- Blue Nile (NILE) – retails diamonds and fine jewelry online
- Another company I have personal experience with during my search for a wedding ring.
- Raven Industries (RAVN) – makes industrial, agricultural, construction and aerospace products
- Chattem (CHTT) – markets OTC health care and consumer products
- Became interested after reading a detailed article on Forbes. Could be a JNJ alternative with higher growth prospects. Equally recession proof as JNJ.
- Jos. A. Bank Clothiers (JOSB) – retails men’s clothing and apparel
- Ansys (ANSS) – develops engineering simulation software
- Diodes (DIOD) – manufactures and distributes semiconductors
- Competitive no moat industry but price is too cheap to ignore. Made the list based on its cheap price.
- FactSet Research Systems (FDS) – provides online financial information to investment community
- Meridian Bioscience (VIVO) – markets diagnostic test kits and specialty biological products
There are a few that are trading below my estimated values but only NTRI and DIOD seems to offer a deep discount at this time.
View the graph below to my comments and estimated fair values.
[tags]NTRI,RATE,NILE,RAVN,CHTT,JOSB,ANSS,DIOD,FDS,VIVO, stock analysis, forbes 200[/tags]
No positions in any stocks at time of writing