Pick the best value stocks with our Stock Ranks, screening and valuation tool. Try the live demo today.
Welcome to the Aug 29th edition of the Old School Curated Links and News.
I provide the latest round of valuable content that I’ve been reading/following as well as short updates to Old School Value you may be interested in.
Competitor Comparison Feature Launched
Our latest feature was launched last week and OSV Online continues to get better. You can now use charts to compare the latest TTM value as well as historical trends to truly get a better idea of who the best in class is.
You can also see it in action by going into the live demo.
VIP Email List – Going Great So Far
It’s been fun to hear from many people wanting to be part of the VIP group. I’m more than happy to reward loyal readers and followers with extra content chock full of value, not published or shared anywhere else.
To summarize the points system to be in the VIP list:
- Starting points value for new subscribers = 30 points
- open an email = 1 points
- click a link = 2 points
- reply = 5 points
- inactive for a week = -1
- VIP threshold = 45 points
- Deleted from the list when 12 emails in a row haven’t been opened and score is < 30
Of the 16,000+ people who receive normal emails from me, only 1600 (10%) are on the VIP list.
Old School Value Articles You May Have Missed
- Strategic Thinking: The Basis
- The Warren Buffett stock strategy
- DuPont Analysis used to Dissect ROE + Spreadsheet
- Changes in Working Capital and Owner Earnings – The Full Guide
What We’re Reading in the Media
- Buying Negative Growth Companies with low debt, high asset value?
- Ray Dalio’s “Principle” reformatted for better online reading
- What managers misunderstand about shareholder value
- How to Survive a Melt-Up
My Answers on Quora
- How do people of average intelligence succeed as investors given that far more intelligent folks have underperformed the benchmark induces?
- What are some of the problems linked with Financial Statement Analysis?
- What is value investing?
Recent Books I’ve Read (or currently reading)
- Inside the Investments of Warren Buffett: Twenty Cases (in progress)
- The Everything Store (You don’t know Amazon until you’ve at least read this book)
- Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future (Super detailed inside look at Elon Musk and the companies he built)
What is Old School Value?
Old School Value is a suite of value investing tools designed to fatten your portfolio by identifying what stocks to buy and sell.
It is a stock grader, value screener, and valuation tools for the busy investor designed to help you pick stocks 4x faster.
Check out the live preview of AMZN, MSFT, BAC, AAPL and FB.