Pick the best value stocks with our Stock Ranks, screening and valuation tool. Try the live demo today.
This is a continuation of my search for the best small companies from the 200 listed in Forbes 2008.
The companies ranked 33-70 has yielded 10 results.
- Nutrisystem (NTRI) – provides weight loss management and fitness programs
- NTRI was part of my recent short term strategy. Sold as it went up to intrinsic value. Can be considered as faddy. No moat.
- Bankrate (RATE) – operates online consumer banking and finance network
- Personally used the site many times and a company with excellent numbers.
- Blue Nile (NILE) – retails diamonds and fine jewelry online
- Another company I have personal experience with during my search for a wedding ring.
- Raven Industries (RAVN) – makes industrial, agricultural, construction and aerospace products
- Chattem (CHTT) – markets OTC health care and consumer products
- Became interested after reading a detailed article on Forbes. Could be a JNJ alternative with higher growth prospects. Equally recession proof as JNJ.
- Jos. A. Bank Clothiers (JOSB) – retails men’s clothing and apparel
- Ansys (ANSS) – develops engineering simulation software
- Diodes (DIOD) – manufactures and distributes semiconductors
- Competitive no moat industry but price is too cheap to ignore. Made the list based on its cheap price.
- FactSet Research Systems (FDS) – provides online financial information to investment community
- Meridian Bioscience (VIVO) – markets diagnostic test kits and specialty biological products
There are a few that are trading below my estimated values but only NTRI and DIOD seems to offer a deep discount at this time.
View the graph below to my comments and estimated fair values.
[tags]NTRI,RATE,NILE,RAVN,CHTT,JOSB,ANSS,DIOD,FDS,VIVO, stock analysis, forbes 200[/tags]
No positions in any stocks at time of writing
What is Old School Value?
Old School Value is a suite of value investing tools designed to fatten your portfolio by identifying what stocks to buy and sell.
It is a stock grader, value screener, and valuation tools for the busy investor designed to help you pick stocks 4x faster.
Check out the live preview of AMZN, MSFT, BAC, AAPL and FB.