Welcome to September.
That’s a little girl tasting coke for the first time. Addicted for life I guess.
Now that’s a moat.
August 2017 has been a difficult time for so many in the US.
Hurricane Harvey destroyed Houston and thousands of families have to piece together what they have left and figure out how to restart.
My heart goes out to anyone impacted by this.
At Old School Value, we kicked butt in August. We pushed our latest update to Old School Value and we have already moved onto our end of year phase to make OSV even better.
This time around, we added things like:
- New portfolio tracking feature
- Two new quality checking models
- Better note to track your stocks
- You get full access to data exports
- New training sections
- and more
Our team at Old School Value is always making improvements to the Online App to help investors with limited time, fatten their portfolios.
Now onto this month’s edition of curated links.
Old School Value Articles You May Have Missed
- Xmas is Here Early. Buckets of OSV Online Upgrades.
- Distinguishing Between Earnings and Earning Power
- Peter Lynch’s Final Checklist
- Stephen Penman’s Accounting for Value – Accounting and Valuation Principles
- How to Calculate Your Time Weighted Return Portfolio Performance
- Checklist: Tenets of the Warren Buffett Way
- The OSV Stock Portfolio Tracker Feature is Here
- How to value stocks using a DCF
- 15 Best Investing Metrics and Ratios List
What We’re Reading in the Media
- Stock Buybacks Continue to Inform Corporate Cash
- Billionaire Sam Zell: Investing, Business and Life (video)
- Damodaran – Tesla 2017 Valuation Update
- Seth Klarman Video on Value Investing (video)
- How a New Audit Rule Could Bring Sunshine to U.S. Markets
- A Dozen Lessons on Investing from Ed Thorp
- The Single Greatest Predictor of Future Stock Market Returns
- Netflix is carrying $20 billion in debt. Can it keep borrowing its way to success?
- Howard Marks memo – There they go Again…Again
- The bursting of the China credit bubble is imminent
- A Chat With Daniel Kahneman
- 2017 Q2 Arquitos Investor Letter
- An Update on Charles Schwab’s Large Cap Bias
- Tencent’s Wide Moat (PDF)
- More mutual funds launches this year than ETFs
About Old School Value
Leverage your limited time to succeed in the stock market.
Stock grading, value screeners, and valuation tools for the busy investor.
Check out the live preview of AMZN, MSFT, BAC, AAPL and RHI.
What is Old School Value?
Old School Value is a suite of value investing tools designed to fatten your portfolio by identifying what stocks to buy and sell.
It is a stock grader, value screener, and valuation tools for the busy investor designed to help you pick stocks 4x faster.
Check out the live preview of AMZN, MSFT, BAC, AAPL and FB.