One quarter down, 3 to go.
Thanks to Hedgeye.com here’s a look at how different sectors have performed so far in Q1 of 2017.
- S&P 500: +5.5%
- Technology (XLK): +10.2%
- Consumer Discretionary (XLY): +8.1%
- Health Care (XLK): +7.9%
- Utilities (XLU): +5.6%
- Consumer Staples (XLP): +5.6%
- Materials (XLB): +5.5%
- Industrials (XLI): +4.6%
- Financials (XLF): +2.1%
- Energy (XLE): -7.2%
In other news, we managed to release a bunch of useful updates to OSV Online.
- NCAV and NNWC metrics to the screener
- a list of “tours” you can follow along to get used to how each section/feature/function operates
- more exporting capability
- a “reverse sceener” where you can enter multiple stocks and get data for those only
- download the charts that are currently offered or embed them to a website
- automatic competitor comparisons in the side by side comparisons
These are just a handful of what was released which I’ll go over later this week.
In the meantime, play with the demo and let me know what you think.
Old School Value Articles You May Have Missed
What We’re Reading in the Media
- Interest Rates and Investment Returns
- A Value Opportunity in Preferred Stocks
- To Buy or Not To Buy: A Checklist for Assessing Mergers & Acquisitions (PDF)
- Explaining a Paradox: Why Good (Bad) Companies can be Bad (Good) Investments!
- The Power of Credit (PDF)
What is Old School Value?
Old School Value is a suite of value investing tools designed to fatten your portfolio by identifying what stocks to buy and sell.
It is a stock grader, value screener, and valuation tools for the busy investor designed to help you pick stocks 4x faster.
Check out the live preview of AMZN, MSFT, BAC, AAPL and FB.