Enjoyed this weeks readings as you get your Christmas preparations done 🙂
Thoughtful and educational links to keep you thinking.
Old School Value Articles You May Have Missed
- The True Father of Special Situations – This was a VIP email from 90 days ago. Written much better. Fully updated and revised from the original.
- Changes in Working Capital and Owner Earnings – The Complete Guide – A topic that confuses a lot of people. I refer to it often myself.
- Ben Graham Net Net Stocks and a 7 Step Checklist to Make Money with Net Nets – Barely any US net nets worth investing, but the time will come. Know how to invest in them in advance so you can act quickly.
What We’re Reading in the Media
- The Myth of Quick – successful investing isn’t something that happens overnight. Quick read on adjusting your mindset.
- The Bad Side of a Good Idea – Why fewer companies are going public, why it’s a problem, and what we can do about it (PDF) – A deep and engaging look at why companies don’t want to go public. Discusses some history of the market and the problems with management and competition.
- Strategy Letter I: Ben and Jerry’s vs. Amazon – Written 16 years ago, but great advice for entrepreneurial and start up people.
- How to Value an Insurer Using the S&P 500 as a Yardstick – Good and simple argument on valuing insurance and banks.
What is Old School Value?
Old School Value is a suite of value investing tools designed to fatten your portfolio by identifying what stocks to buy and sell.
It is a stock grader, value screener, and valuation tools for the busy investor designed to help you pick stocks 4x faster.
Check out the live preview of AMZN, MSFT, BAC, AAPL and FB.