This week’s reading list is packed.
When stocks are mentioned in articles or newsletters, I like to check it first against the Action Score and start from there. An easy way to decide whether to investigate further or not.
Stocks mentioned in the articles:
- Footlocker (FL) short thesis: Rated a B by the Action Score. With a lot of retail stocks struggling and getting hit hard, it’s an easy pass for me.
- Axalta Coating Systems (AXTA) long thesis: Rated a D. Looks like this is what I call a “Mom&Pop” stock. Quality is good, but value and growth not so much.
- Cardtronics (CATM) short thesis: Rated a C, and what I call a “Borderline Stock” in our Action Score universe. On the edge of going either way.
- Chipotle (CMG) thesis: An F. Not a company I’m willing to spend much time on with all the other opportunities out there but an interesting viewpoint of what the potential long thesis could be.
Old School Value Articles You May Have Missed
- Does it Pass the Sniff Test?
- 19 Biases Causing You to Look Foolish and Make Bad Decisions
- Reflections on the Ten Attributes of Great Investors
What We’re Reading in the Media
- Warren Buffett’s “2 List” Strategy: How to Maximize Your Focus and Master Your Priorities
- Graham & Doddsville Winter 2017 newsletter by Columbia Business school is out
- Does Chipotle’s Valuation Offer a Margin of Safety?
- Curing the Addiction to Growth
What is Old School Value?
Old School Value is a suite of value investing tools designed to fatten your portfolio by identifying what stocks to buy and sell.
It is a stock grader, value screener, and valuation tools for the busy investor designed to help you pick stocks 4x faster.
Check out the live preview of AMZN, MSFT, BAC, AAPL and FB.