Old School Curated Links and News (May 16th Edition)
In case you haven’t noticed, I’ve been publishing more content on Old School Value. There are great blogs and authors that I am happy to share. You’ll continue to see more from these authors as well as my own articles.
During the weekend, I went and purchased a cigar butt.
Technically, has more than one puff remaining, but a cigar butt nonetheless.
A 2002 GMC Safari van for $1900.
Purchased it for my wife’s growing business, but will work on transforming it into something more useful and fun like a campervan.
Always a good idea to get my head out of investing, blogging, software development and all the things that come with trying to run a business.
Now, getting back on track.
Old School Value Articles You May Have Missed
- Bank of the Ozarks (OZRK): The Story of Intelligent Fanatic George Gleason
- The “Not So Smart” Enron Scandal
- Mohnish Pabrai’s Advice on How to Win without Losing Much
What We’re Reading in the Media
- Aswath Damodaran: “The Value of Stories in Business” | Talks at Google (video)
- Interview with Edward Lampert
- Whitney Tilson’s Berkshire Hathaway Presentation (pdf)
- Spring 2017 Graham & Doddsville Investment Newsletter
Some extra content going out to VIP readers this week. Look out for that.