Old School Investing Curated Links (Dec. 12th Edition)
We are on the home stretch to end 2016 and our 2016 Action Score portfolio is flying towards the finish line.
I haven’t had much time to provide as many updates this year, but I’ll send a 2016 performance report in Q1 next year.
So far, the Action Scores have been achieving phenomenal gains.
It’s just a simple list of the top 20 Action score stocks from the beginning of the year (Jan 1).
- S&P500 Total Return YTD: +9.45%
- Top 20 Action Score Stock Portfolio Price Return YTD: +19.12%
- Top 20 Quality Score Stock Portfolio Price Return YTD: +10.22%
- Top 20 Value Score Stock Portfolio Price Return YTD: +1.77%
- Top 20 Growth Score Stock Portfolio Price Return YTD: +14.75%
All stocks in the model portfolio are held for 1 year. Some OSV Insiders sell when a stock falls to a D grade, and they are doing very well this year, but I don’t have backtested data on different selling rules, so I can’t say for sure how it will perform.
As our team pushes towards working on releasing our first screener, it is certainly going to be an interesting finish to the year.
With the screener, you’ll finally be able to search based on our value centric metrics that Wall Street and other places seem to ignore. Metrics that work like CROIC, Gross Profit to Assets, Piotroski, Altman Z and more!
I’ll have more details on this as we get closer.
Old School Value Articles You May Have Missed
- Don’t Be A Chicken
- Why Amazon is a Great Company AND Stock
- 2 Big Fat Lies Value Investors Like to Tell Themselves
What We’re Reading in the Media
The second link is LONG, so keeping it to 3 external links this week.